Acid staining concrete generates rich, deep, translucent tones, unlike coatings or paints which generate a good, clear result. Based upon the color and use techniques utilized, the outcomes can mimic everything from polished marble into tanned leather into natural rock or stained timber.
The compound stains (or acid stains) respond with the concrete’s lime material and create the shade steve schulz dry basements reviews. When the surface is sealed or painted, acid stains can’t penetrate the concrete and respond with the lime. Thus, a concrete coating that’s painted or sealed may be acid stained.
With the arrival of the newest acrylic polymer-modified concrete, then it’s likely to apply a thin coating (1/8inch thick) of concrete within an existing painted or sealed concrete coating with minimal surface preparation. Please find below normal steps involved in employing a micro-topping / concrete overlay and acid staining above a stained or sealed concrete coating.
A. Run a barbell with 60grit sanding display over the whole surface. To make certain that the paint sealer is secured to the substrate, then run the sander to get at least 1 hour to every single 1000ft2.
B. Rinse the ground with mild detergent and let it dry thoroughly.
- The next coating has to be implemented just too moist the surface.
- f. When the primer turns clean and it’s dry to touch, it’s about to take the concrete overlay.
- G. Employ the polymer-modified concrete overlay, Pentimento in 1/8inch thick. It’s a retrievable concrete overlay. .which provides an extremely smooth concrete conclusion.
- h. Following 24 hours of this healing or polymer concrete overlay, it’s about to take acid stains (chemical stains).
- I. Spray the acid blot, Patinaetch at the speed of 250ft2/gal. Let it respond for together with all the lime in the cement for at least 2-3 hours. Adhere to the conventional procedure of cleaning the residue off.
- J. permit the surface to dry for 24 hours before sealing it with a single coat of water-based epoxy, Perdüre E32 and a coat of water-based polyurethane, Perdüre U46.